1. They have always shown you respect, regardless of how things ended or where they stand with you. Respect is huge.
2. The reason you guys broke up doesn’t have any lingering weight on you, it’s water under the bridge.
3. You’ve gone through the motions and you’ve healed from the pain and the loss you once felt.
4. You’ve evolved.
5. They’ve evolved.
6. You know exactly what didn’t work before for you guys and you have an action plan in place in regards to how to not have those problems again.
7. You communicate better and you have new tools to help you out.
8. They respect not only you, but your boundaries as well.
9. You are able to be alone and not feel codependent or like you need them in order to feel a certain way.
10. You are able to start fresh and treat the relationship new.
11. They truly make you feel adored.
12. You feel like getting back together is progress, not like you might be taking steps backwards or just prolonging more grief.
13. Your desire to get back together comes from a clean, healthy, and healed space.
14. You have allowed time to happen.
15. Your friends and family support it and encourage it, they see the benefit and are not advising against it on your behalf.
16. They are in a healthy space.
17. You are in a healthy space.
18. You feel good about yourself.
19. They feel good about themselves.
20. The idea of recreating a relationship feels good for both of you.
21. Their family / friends encourage and support the relationship as well.
22. They aware of their own boundaries and needs.
23. They are able to communicate their boundaries and needs to me so that you can eliminate future problems.
24. You are aware of your own needs and boundaries.
25. You feel comfortable and confident in expressing your needs and boundaries.
26. The people you have become are even more compatible.
27. Your definition of a relationship is the same.
28. You want the same things in and for your lives